Accidents happen all over the U.S. everyday. Often times innocent people are injured when a vehicle collision accident was caused by another person on the road. Especially in busy cities like Houston, Texas, it’s especially important to follow safe driving procedures so you are not involved in a Houston car accident.
10 tips for safer driving
There are many things you can do to reduce your risk of being in a car accident. Here are 10 tips to remember:
1. Wear your seatbelt: Bottom line, seatbelts save lives. Always wear a seatbelt!
2. Follow the speed limit: Speeding accidents are the ones responsible for most serious injury and accident fatalities. Pay attention to the speed you are driving.
3. Do not drink and drive. You’ve heard this a million times already. This makes one million and one. Don’t consume alcohol and get behind the wheel of a car. Not only are you risking your own safety, but you could be endangering other innocent people who are on the roads in Harris County.
4. Do not text and drive. Everyone knows not to do it, but so many people still engage in texting and driving. Your text can wait. If it can’t, pull over and then text when you are no longer driving a vehicle.
5. Keep your eyes on the road. Not on your audio system. Not on your phone. Not at the hot girl walking down the street. Eyes on the road if you are driving!
6. Make sure your car is in good condition. This means you aren’t driving a car with bad breaks and under-inflated tires, as those things increase your chance of being involved in an accident.
7. Be aware of your surroundings. This means objects in the road or other drivers who may be driving erratically or recklessly, etc.
8. Use caution when driving in bad weather. There are more accidents on the roads in Texas when it rains or when roads are icy. Slow down and drive safer than normal in these types of conditions.
9. Do not drive while tired. Driving drowsy has shown to be as dangerous as drinking and driving.
10. Plan ahead for your trip. This way you can focus on driving instead of doing other things like changing the music you are listening to, connecting your phone via bluetooth to your vehicle if it’s not yet set up, etc. Additionally, that may also mean choosing the route you take to get to your destination. Sometimes you have options for which streets and highways to take. Knowing which roads in Houston have been involved in the most accidents may be helpful when it comes to planning ahead for your trip.
The Most Dangerous Streets and Roads in Houston
The following streets have had the highest number of total crashes in Houston:
- Cullen Boulevard
- South Post Oak Road
- Airline Drive
- West Tidwell Road
- Hillcroft Avenue
- North Shephard Drive
- Antoine Drive
- Garth Road
- Fondren Road
- Clay Road
- Louttea Road
- Kuykendahl Road
- Veterans Memorial Drive
- Fry Road
- Main Street
- Bisonette Street
- West Little York Road
- Beechnut Road
- Bellaire Boulevard
- Westheimer Road
Streets Involved in Most Car vs Pedestrian/Bicyclist Crashes in Houston
- West at Airline
- Fannin at Pierce
- Washington at Patterson
- 11th at Nicholson
- Bellaire from Ranchester
- Bellaire at Gessner
- Long Point at Gessner
- Taylor at Spring and MKT Trail
- Shepherd at Allen Parkway and Shepherd at Memorial Parkway
- Hawthorne at Spur 527 and Holman
- Fondren at West Bellfort
- Bissonnet at Wilcrest
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.